The Italian Centre Shop is committed to supporting non-profit agencies and charitable organizations making a positive difference in our communities.
When donating items or sponsoring an event, consideration is given to the location of the organization, scale of the event, inventory of items available and whether the item(s) will be used in a raffle or auction.
Due to the abundance of requests we receive, the Italian Centre Shop is unable to grant all requests and is only able to donate to any organization once per calendar year.
Each year we receive hundreds of requests from very worthwhile organizations. While we would like to be able to grant each request, it’s not possible. As a result, we have established a charitable giving policy to make maximum impact from donated dollars.
This policy reflects our belief in the value of community and demonstrates our commitment to serving as good corporate citizens.
Eligibility Criteria for Sponsorship
To be considered for sponsorship or funding, an organization must be:
- Focused on serving Edmonton or Calgary and surrounding areas
- Have a mission that relates to our priority areas and that is of significance to the community
- Be in good financial standing
Charitable Focus and Giving Priorities:
- Healthy lifestyle, especially healthy eating for kids
- Promotion of European culture
Can consist of products, supplies or excess inventory. In-kind gifts are tax-deductible within certain limits.
- Programs or services outside our area
- Trips, tours, conference and travelling expenses
- Requests from third party fund-raisers. Direct donations only
- Endowment campaigns
- Direct grants or scholarships to individuals
- Religious organizations for religous purposes
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- For profit organizations
- Employee Christmas parties
- Organization must not have received another donation from us in that calendar year.
- Projects or events after the fact
- Must receive applications at least two weeks in advance of events
- Charitable donations may be made either in money or in kind. In "kind" may include time, personal or company expertise, advice or other company resources.