Savory Cheesecake with Ricotta and Mortadella
75 g salted crackers
40 g soft butter
20 g finely chopped fresh chives
200 g ricotta
120 g mortadella cut into large chunks
30 g pistachios
fine sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper
- Blend crackers in a food processor until a fine crumble consistency is achieved.
- Place in butter and pulse until crackers are slightly moistened and mixture can be formed.
- In a bowl mix in ricotta cheese a touch of olive oil, the finely chopped chives. Continue whipping the mixture with a fork or small whisk until it become smooth and creamy. Taste for salt and season if necessary.
- Take 6 clean and dried 2-inch diameter by 3 inch high jars and place 1 1/2 teaspoon of the cracker/butter mixture. Press evenly along the bottom of the jar. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 1/2 teaspoons of the ricotta mixture and even out over cracker layer.
- In a food processor blend the mortadella until it becomes like a coarse pate.
- Using two teaspoons grab a spoon of the mortadella and form into a nice pressed oval, transferring the oval from spoon to spoon until it is formed. Lay two of these quenelles on top of the ricotta mixture in the jars.
- In a mortar and pestle crush the pistachios and sprinkle on top of the mortadella and ricotta in the jars.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a nice crackle of black pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Ready to serve.
Recipe created for the Italian Centre Shop by: