30 frozen ravioli, thawed
Canola or avocado oil for frying
1 cup bread crumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp garlic powder
Servings: 30 pieces
Preparation: 15 minutes + time to unthaw ravioli
Total Time: 30 minutes + time to unthaw ravioli
Kitchen Equipment: serving platter, paper towel, rack
Tortellini Pasta Salad Skewers
450g cheese tortellini, cooked
12 baby tomatoes, halved if large
½ cup pesto sauce
12 slices genoa salami
12-16 bocconcini cheese balls
12-16 sundried tomatoes
½ cup basil leaves
Servings: 12 skewers
Preparation: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: serving platter, 12-16 skewers
Chicken Sausage Bites
3x Kabanos sausages, sliced into 1 inch pieces *in this recipe we’re just warming up the sausage; if using any other kind of sausage make sure to cook until meat is done*
125g mozzarella cheese, cut into 24-30 cubes
Servings: 24-30 bites
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: serving platter, frying pan
Instructions: Fried Ravioli
To make the breadcrumb mixture:
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each thawed ravioli in egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs mixture, pressing breading onto each and shaking off any excess. Place on a tray.
To fry the ravioli:
- In a deep pot or skillet, heat about 1/2-inch of canola or avocado oil over medium heat until it's hot but not smoking. Test it with a piece of ravioli or a small piece of breadcrumbs — the oil should bubble up around it.
- Line a plate with a paper towel and set aside.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes total, flipping halfway through (1 ½ minutes per side). Use a slotted spoon to transfer the ravioli to the paper towel lined plate and then fry another batch - repeat until all ravioli are fried.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce and garnish with parsley or basil. Optional: Grate more parmesan cheese on top.
Instructions: Tortellini Pasta Salad Skewers
- Cook the cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain the tortellini and mix with pesto sauce. Set aside.
- Thread ingredients onto skewers and get creative with the order of ingredients (example: 2 tortellini, tomatoes, 1 genoa salami slice folded up, 2 bocconcini cheese balls, 1 sundried tomatoes, 2-3 basil leaves)
- There will be leftover tortellini so you can make more skewers if you have more ingredients or store in the fridge to enjoy for another meal.
Chicken Sausage Bites
- Slice the sausages in 1 inch circles (about 8-10 pieces per sausage).
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes and set aside.
- To cook the sausages, heat a pan to medium and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute the sliced sausages for about 5-8 minutes until golden brown and then remove from the heat.
- To make the appetizer bites, place a piece of arugula and mozzarella cube on top of each piece of sausage and insert a toothpick through the centre to hold. Serve on a tray and drizzle with hot honey and arugula for garnish.