Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Custodian at our West End (17010 90 Ave) location.
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 7:00am till 9:15pm
- Mornings, Mid-day, Evenings and Weekends Required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after six months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps building and property in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and/or vacuums floors.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities.
- Scrubs, sanitizes and supplies all food contact surfaces.
- Dusts furniture, walls, and equipment.
- Cleans windows, mirrors, and partitions with soap and other cleansers.
- Mixes and handles cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions and following Occupational Health & Safety guidelines and procedures, including WHIMIS.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Cleans and dusts fixtures and furniture.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Snow removal, if applicable.
- Salting external pedestrian and traffic areas, when ice is of concern.
- Keeping external facilities free of garbage and other hazards.
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Lift and/or move over 50 lbs
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred
- A minimum of one year experience in a custodian and/or janitorial role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Organization skills
- Time management and multitasking abilities
|Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!