A Green Salad "How To"
We’re showing you how to start with the simplest of salads and then ways to level up by adding a variety of crunchy, creamy and flavorful ingredients. !
Fresh mixed greens and/or romaine lettuce
Red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in water
Radishes, thinly sliced
Baby tomatoes, sliced in half
Feta cheese, cut into triangles or crumbled
Parmesan cheese, peeled with a grater
Chickpeas, baked until crispy
Chicken breast, baked or barbecued
For the Dressing:
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Optional: ½ tsp dried oregano
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20-30 minutes (if you are cooking a protein)
Kitchen Equipment: cutting board
- You can make this salad based on your tastes but we’ve recommended ways to build it from the most basic ingredients to a salad you could enjoy for a full meal. You can add the salad dressing at whichever point you decide you’re done adding ingredients.
- The first layer is the simplest of green salads with mixed greens and/or romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onion (soaked in water to give it a more mellow flavour), thinly sliced radishes and dressing.
- Next if you want to add more crunchy and creamy elements, add any of the following: sliced avocado, halved baby tomatoes, olives, crumbled or chopped feta cheese, julienned carrots or parmesan cheese.
- Finally, add a protein component like crispy chickpeas (baked in the oven at 400 for about 20-25 minutes) or a baked or barbecued chicken breast.
- The salad dressing is very versatile and can be enjoyed no matter how you create your summer green salad!
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Make this salad your own by starting with the basic ingredients and then adding a few crunchy and creamy elements of your choice.