Whipped Feta with Roasted Strawberries
Use our barrel-aged feta cheese to create a luscious spread of whipped feta to top with roasted strawberries. The combination of sweet and savoury flavours is delicious in the Spring and Summer months. Serve with toasted bread and fresh basil for a show-stopping appetizer!
For the whipped feta:
225g barrel-aged feta cheese
⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp liquid honey
Pinch ground pepper
For the roasted strawberries:
454g/1lb fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp liquid honey
4 slices pagnotta bread, sliced in half and toasted
Garnish: Basil, extra virgin olive oil
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: food processor, baking sheet, parchment paper
- Place the feta cheese, greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, honey and a pinch of ground pepper into a food processor and pulse until completely combined and smooth.
- Transfer the feta dip to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the quartered strawberries to the pan and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Toss the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar and honey together on the pan until the strawberries are coated.
- Roast the strawberries for 25-30 minutes, until the strawberries are softened and starting to release their juices.
- To assemble the appetizer: spread the whipped feta on the bottom of a medium-sized plate or low bowl. Then spoon the strawberries over half to two-thirds of the whipped feta. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil leaves. Serve with toasted bread.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- You can make this ahead, up to one day in advance and store the whipped feta and strawberries in separate containers in the refrigerator.