Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Bakery Supervisor at our South location(5028 104A Street) location.
- Monday to Sunday: 5am to 3pm
- Saturday and/or Sunday required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after six months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Supervises and coordinate activities of bakery employees
- Ensure the quality of products meets established standards
- Determine and maintain sufficient levels of inventory to meet customer demand while minimizing investment in inventory; ensuring proper inventory methods are understood and followed
- Ensure that the Bakery presents complete and correct orders to customers in in a timely manner
- Plays a part in ensuring labour and sales goals are being met
- Builds a strong, cohesive team where employees feel they contribute and are valued
- Grows their team and empowers employees to make decisions on their own and delegate responsibilities to their employees
- Identify key performers and provide opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Ensure schedules are completed and posted for employees in a timely manner
- In conjunction with store manager and Human Resources, recruitment and selection of new bakery employees
- Hold monthly staff meetings to keep employees informed of Bakery operations
- Employee relations including performance management and progressive discipline
- Provide training for all new and existing employees, including health and safety
- Research and/or develop specific training requirements for the Bakery
- Ability to lift 30 lbs consistently
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Occasionally pushing and pulling of heavy carts around bakery
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program preferred.
- 4 years of experience in a bakery environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and influencing skills
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills to quickly resolve issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism; respecting boundaries
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage one’s own work and delegate work to others
- Demonstrated ability to interact with both internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated coaching, mentoring and training skills
Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!