From butter and smoked sea salt, to cheesy toast and delectable burrata with toast, there is something for every craving. These combinations of breads and spreads work for brunch, lunch or dinner!
Sourdough bread (4 large slices or 8-10 small slices)
½ cup Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Gruyere
½ cup Dill Goat Cheese, softened (130g)
Toppings: chopped chives, parsley, arugula microgreens
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: baking sheet
- Preheat oven to a low broil setting.
- Stir together softened cream cheese, softened goat cheese and shredded gruyere cheese until combined.
- Place slices of bread on a baking sheet, cook for 1 minute and remove from oven.
- Spread a little butter onto each slice of bread and then evenly spread a thick layer of the cheese mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Broil cheesy toasts for 7-10 minutes until the cheese bubbling and golden, and toast is golden around the edges. **Watch toasts carefully as each oven has a different level of heat for the broil setting**
- Top the toasts with fresh herbs like parsley or chives or arugula microgreens.
**Note: this cheesy spread is also great on crackers on it’s own
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Mix and match! Make all of the Breads & Spreads combinations for a beautiful spread or just one!
- Keep things easy when entertaining and simply put out all of the components, allowing guests to build their own