Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Cafe Supervisor at our South (5028 104 A Street) location.
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 7:00am till 9:15pm
- Mornings, Mid-day, Evenings and Weekends Required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after six months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Engaging with customers, answering questions, educating, and promoting product and services that we offer, enhancing loyalty, sale and profit
- Dealing with difficult customers as escalations occur
- Increasing staff effectiveness through mentoring and coaching monthly
- Responding and resolving employee issues; escalating to Department or Store Manager as needed
- Ordering products that are specific to the Department
- Implementing the department’s operational plans and mentor staff by showing and doing
- Providing a safe work environment
- Communicating and collaborating between other departments and with other stores
- Scheduling staff with overall direction from the Department Manager on labour hours
- Hosting month department meetings
- Representing the Italian Centre Shop both in and out of the store
- Driving sales while honoring trends within the Department, mentoring staff by showing and doing
- Assisting Department Manager with Inventory Management
- Job requires a variety of standing, walking and sitting.
- Job also includes manual and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- Ability to work in Cafe Cooler for various periods of time
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- 2+ Years of Experience in Cafe
- 1-2 Years of Experience managing a budget and finance
- 1-2 Years of Experience in creating and implementing operational plans
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills – must be able to use Microsoft programs (Sharepoint, Outlook, Word, etc)
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills to quickly resolve issues
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism; respecting boundaries
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage one’s own work and delegate work to others
- Demonstrated ability to interact with both internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated coaching, mentoring and training skills
|Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!