Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Part Time Cashier at our West End (17010 90 Ave) Location.
- Monday to Sunday availability ( Must be able to work Sunday )
- Shifts may vary between 8:00am till 9:15pm
- Must be able to work Weekends (Friday - Sunday)
- Mornings, Mid-day, Evenings required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price
- Accepts cash, credit, or bankcards for payment
- Counts money, gives change and issues receipt for funds received
- Maintains sufficient amounts of change in cash drawer
- Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies
- Keeping work area clean and free of debris
- Assisting customers locate items when required
- Assist in other areas of store, such as clean-up, shelf-stocking or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer focused role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
|Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!