3 Ways to Make Creative Espresso &
Coffee Drinks at Home
Want to up your at-home coffee game?! From enjoying your favourite espresso as a part of dessert or spicing up your home-brewed coffee, here are a few ways to get creative.
- Affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert where a scoop of gelato is enjoyed topped with a shot of espresso. Traditionally one would make this with vanilla gelato but the Shop has a wide selection you can try to find your favourite! Find Noto, Fiasco, Pinocchio and Fantasia brands of gelato, all local to Alberta. Some of our favourite flavours include: salted caramel, coconut, peppermint or chocolate.
- Try using syrups for both your hot and cold coffee beverages to mix up the flavours of your favourite drink. For a delightful selection of flavours, check out Monin Syrups in the Shop! There are so many flavours to choose from to add to your morning latte or afternoon iced coffee. A few delicious combinations you may want to try:
- Cinnamon Roll or Coconut syrup added to a latte
- Hazelnut syrup added to a hot or cold brewed coffee
- Honey syrup added to a cappuccino
- And we can’t forget about the ‘dalgona’ coffee trend! This whipped, iced coffee drink took social media by storm and can be made with a few basic ingredients. You’ll need instant coffee, sugar, water and milk to make this drink at home. Essentially you’re going to whip the instant coffee with sugar and water to make a lovely foam which will sit on top of cold milk in a glass. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tbsp boiling water, 1 cup your choice of milk
- Add the coffee, sugar and water to a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip on a high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour a cup of your favourite milk and top with the whipped coffee. Stir the whipped coffee into the milk to enjoy!