Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Front Counter Attendant at our 9919 Fairmont Drive SE location.
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Take and fill customer orders, preparing, portioning and wrapping various pastries
- Using electrical printers to create appropriate item pricing labels
- Provide advice to customers regarding available products
- Assisting customers locate items when required
- Suggestive selling
- Serve customers at the counter
- Ensure work area is clean and orderly
- Wash and cleaning of baking supplies
- Ability to lift 20 lbs consistently
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Occasionally pushing and pulling of heavy carts around bakery
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer focused role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
|Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!