Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Barista (Full-Time) at our Calgary location (9919 Fairmount Drive SE).
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 7:00 a.m. till 9:15 p.m.
- Mornings, Mid-day, Evenings and Weekends Required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after three months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Welcoming customers to the café and accepting orders and payments
- Answering customer questions by highlighting the differences between items and brew methods
- Using manual and electrical appliances to prepare various styles of coffee
- Preparing and packaging foods such as sandwiches, baked goods, and gelato
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter
- Cleaning work and dining areas; cleaning tables, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils
- Promoting products and services that the Italian Centre Shop offers
- Follow company’s food safety standards
- Working in as part of a fun, high-energy team
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
|What We Are Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast paced customer service role
- 1+ years of experience in a cafe environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
- Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!