Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Kitchen Help at our South Side (5028 104A Street) location.
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts may vary between 7am- 9pm
- Must be able to work General Holidays & Weekends
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Preparing a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables and starches according to standard company recipes and procedures
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods such as fruits and vegetables to prepare for cooking or serving
- Using kitchen utensils such as knives, peelers and graters to perform various food tasks
- Keep records of quantities of food used
- Take temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers
- Weigh and/or measure ingredients and portions
- Clean and sanitize kitchen as needed and according to the company cleaning standards
- Follow company's food safety, kitchen cleaning and sanitation standards
- Answering telephone and taking customer orders
- Providing strong customer service
- Promoting products and services that the Italian Centre Shop offers
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
- Individuals are required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Tasks are performed in varying temperatures (i.e stoves, ovens, in/out of refrigerators)
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a fast food or catering environment; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
- A minimum of one year experience using a deli slicer; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to present food in a visual appealing manner
- Attention to detail
- Excellent listening and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direction or supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
We'd love to hear from you!