Delicious Ways to Enjoy Ricotta in Everyday Cooking
Ricotta is most widely known for its use in lasagna and as a base to stuffed pasta fillings like ravioli and tortellini BUT there are so many other creative ways to use it in everyday cooking.
Ricotta originates from Italy, where it’s made from the milk whey of dairy animals including cows, sheep, goats, and Italian water buffalo. It’s a mild-flavoured cheese thick in texture so it can be used in so many different dishes.
From savory to sweet, breakfast to dessert, here are some exciting ways to enjoy ricotta any day of the week!
- Ricotta on Toast: Simply spread ricotta on your favourite toast (we love sourdough) and top with a dollop of jam a drizzle of honey, and our current favourite - Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells - a top recipe in our archive https://www.italiancentre.ca/ricotta-spinach-stuffed-pasta-shells-with-butternut-squash-sauce
- Delicious Appetizers: https://www.italiancentre.ca/pancetta-crisps-with-ricotta-figs
- One Pot Creamy Vegetable Pasta: https://www.italiancentre.ca/one-pot-broccoli-pasta
- Fruity Crepe Cakes: https://www.italiancentre.ca/lemon-blueberry-ricotta-crepe-cake
- Classic Cannoli: https://www.italiancentre.ca/classic-cannoli