Whipped Brie Dip
When triple cream brie is whipped into a luscious, creamy spread, topped with sour cherry jam, walnuts and fresh thyme - it’s perfect for entertaining anytime of the year. Add a drizzle of white chocolate sauce and serve with crostini - it’s the most divine sweet and savoury bite!
350-400g triple cream brie, room temperature *important: must be triple cream brie to make sure the dip is whipped to the right consistency
¼ cup sour cherry jam
¼ cup chopped walnuts
2-3 tbsp white chocolate sauce
2-3 Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: stand mixer with paddle attachment
- Preheat the oven to 400F and slice a baguette into 16-20 slices. Drizzle or brush the crostini with olive oil and bake 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven.
- While the crostini is baking, prepare the room temperature brie by slicing the rind off of the cheese. Then cut the brie into cubes.
- Place the brie into the stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Start by whipping the brie on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes. Then, pause and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl (the brie could be quite sticky still). Start whipping again, turning up to medium-high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. It could take up to about 10 minutes total for the brie to become lighter in colour and smooth in texture, almost like whipped butter and it won’t really be sticky anymore / it should be fairly smooth.
- Once whipped, spread the brie in a low bowl or on a low plate. Swirl on the sour cherry jam as the next layer, followed by sprinkling on the chopped walnuts and fresh thyme leaves from 2-3 sprigs of thyme.
- Drizzle with the white chocolate sauce and serve with crostini.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Use a food processor to speed up the process, just follow similar instructions as above.