Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Deli Clerk (Part-Time) at our Calgary location (9919 Fairmount Drive SE).
- Thursday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 8:00 a.m. until 9:15 p.m.
- Evenings and Weekends Required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after six months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Serve customers at the counter via ticket number system
- Taking and filling customer orders
- Preparing, portioning, and wrapping meat, cheese, and olive items
- Using manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim food
- Preparing foods such as sandwiches and deli trays
- Clean and sanitize work area as needed and according to the company cleaning standards
- Provide advice to customers regarding available products
- Providing strong customer service
- Answering Deli and Catering telephone and taking customer orders
- Promoting products and services that the Italian Centre Shop offers
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs frequently
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer focused role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!