Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Kitchen Hand / Cook (Full-Time) at our Calgary location (9919 Fairmount Drive SE).
- Open Availability
- Shifts vary between (7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.), (9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.), & (11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- Mornings, Evenings and Weekends Required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after three months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Preparing a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables and starches according to standard company recipes and procedures
- Promoting products and services that the Italian Centre Shop offers
- Providing strong customer service
- Answering telephone and taking customer orders
- Follow company's food safety, kitchen cleaning and sanitation standards
- Clean and sanitize kitchen as needed and according to the company cleaning standards
- Weigh and/or measure ingredients and portions
- Take temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers
- Keep records of quantities of food used
- Using kitchen utensils such as knives, peelers and graters to perform various food tasks
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods such as fruits and vegetables to prepare for cooking or serving
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Tasks are performed in varying temperatures (i.e stoves, ovens, in/out of refrigerators)
- Individuals are required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manual and repetitive tasks
- Frequent bending and twisting
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer focused (or) food industry role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!