Panettone Bread Pudding
Turn a traditional panettone into a delicious dessert, a bread pudding! Made in a loaf pan and served in slices with a divine orange glaze, this takes holiday desserts to the next level. A new take on a classic dessert that is perfect for sharing.
2 cups milk
⅓ cup sugar + 1 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp vanilla extract
12 cups cubed panettone (1 inch cubes)
Softened butter (for the loaf pan)
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
8 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
Preparation: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
9x5 loaf pan, large mixing bowl
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the bread to the bowl, stir until everything is well-coated and let stand for 30 minutes so the bread can absorb much of the liquid.
- While the bread is soaking, preheat the oven to 350oF and grease the loaf pan well with softened butter. Line with parchment paper and grease again with butter.
- Once the bread has soaked, spoon the bread into the loaf pan and pour any remaining liquid over the bread and sprinkle the top with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Bake the bread pudding for 60-75 minutes until puffed up and golden brown, and when a knife is inserted in the pudding it comes out almost clean, some crumbs.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes to allow it to set before serving.
- Serve slices with drizzles of orange glaze.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Want to take this panettone bread pudding to the next level? Add whipped cream, creme anglaise or even gelato to bring the dessert together