Gluten Free Fusilli with Vegetable Ragu
3 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 medium onion chopped fine
1 medium carrot (we used 3 small) diced
1 celery stalk diced
2 small zucchini diced
1/2 eggplant (or 1 small) diced
pinch of salt
pinch of paprika
pinch of black pepper
pinch of chili flakes
710 ml (1 big container)
Massimo's Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp water, to braise
splash of red wine
1/4 cup Grana Padano,
grated, for the top
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Heat up olive oil in a medium cast pot and toss in garlic, and chili flakes.
- Add in the onion and when it is nice and soft, then all the other diced vegetables and in the couple of spoons of water.
- Saute for 15 minutes then add the red wine.
- Pour in the Massimo's tomato sauce and stir. Break up some basil leaves and sprinkle in. Season with salt and pepper, cover slightly turn down heat and simmer on low for 1520 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Just before sauce is done bring a pot of salted water to boil, toss in fusilli and stir. Continue cooking for the suggested cook time on the package.
- When the pasta is done take some of the sauce and spread it onto the bottom of a serving dish. Remember to take out the garlic. place cooked pasta on top and then the remaining sauce. Finish with some freshly grated Grana Padano and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Ready to serve.
Recipe created for the Italian Centre Shop by: