Grilled Harissa Chicken Thighs
Harissa paste is a North African spicy red sauce which packs a ton of flavour and is used to create a spicy marinade and sauce for the chicken thighs. Serve the chicken thighs and peaches on a bed of arugula and whole wheat couscous for a beautiful barbecue dish sure to impress!
8 pieces skin on, bone in chicken thighs
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp minced yellow onion
1 ½ tbsp Harissa paste
1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
4 peaches, halved
Preparation: 40 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: baking sheet
Choice of grains
Arugula with lemon juice and olive oil
- Whisk together sauce ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, onion, harissa paste and tomato paste) and set 1/3 cup sauce aside.
- On a baking sheet or in a container, season both sides of chicken thighs with kosher salt and then pour over the remaining marinade, marinating chicken at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Halve peaches and brush with extra virgin olive oil and set aside on a baking sheet.
- Heat up the grill to medium heat, about 400F-425F.
- Place chicken skin side down and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes. Continue to cook chicken, flipping every 4-5 minutes for a total of 25-30 minutes until an internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest.
- While chicken is resting, grill the peaches for about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve chicken and peaches on a bed of greens with your choice of grain (we like arugula and whole wheat couscous) and drizzle the remaining sauce onto the chicken thighs.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- You can also make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs but they will need much less cooking time so just watch them carefully on the grill.