5 slices of bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups mixed mushrooms, chopped (4 brown and 4 white mushrooms)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp white wine (we recommend Chardonnay)
1 tbsp chives
6 oz cup cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
3 cups shredded gruyère (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
Crackers or baguette for serving
Topping: 1 tbsp chives
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Kitchen Equipment: cast-iron pan or oven-safe skillet
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Heat your skillet to medium heat. Once warm, add the bacon and cook 8-10 minutes until it starts to crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, line a bowl or plate with paper towel. When the bacon is done, remove from the pan to the paper-towel lined bowl or plate.
- Leave 1 tbsp of drippings from the bacon in the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet plus 1/4 tsp each of pepper, garlic powder and salt. Stir together and then let the mushrooms cook, stirring sparingly until they are nice and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding 3 tbsp of white wine, then cook 2 more minutes.
- Turn your pan off and stir in 1 tbsp chives and cooked bacon.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream and 2 1/2 cups of shredded gruyère.
- Add your cheese mixture to the pan and gently stir to combine everything, smoothing out the top.
- Bake uncovered for 12 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup remaining gruyère cheese on top. Then bake for another 8 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
- Top with chives and serve with your choice of bread or crackers!
- Prep all your ingredients before you get cooking! Then you’ll have everything you need to create the recipe at your fingertips
- Cooking mushrooms on medium heat and stirring sparingly allows the mushrooms to release their water and get nice and browned.
- Don’t want to include wine in your recipe? You can substitute with chicken broth.