KETO Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
In this day and age we are hearing the success stories of many people and their weight loss with the Keto diet. We have created a wonderful pasta dish using zucchini noodles, pork belly, egg, parmigiana and ricotta salata resulting in a beautiful robust creamy dish, that is Keto friendly. Beautifully balance with that always aldente Italian texture. This is definitely a dish that you want to serve to your Keto friends, and actually I think everyone will like this Keto Zucchini Noodle Carbonara!
240g organic pork bell
2 table spoons good quality avocado oil
2 organic free range eggs
1/4 cup grated parmigiana reggiano
1/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata
Sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and fresh cracked pepper for seasoning
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- Wash and dry zucchini, remove stems.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize zucchini. If you don't have a spiral cutter, cut the
zucchini into thin strips then shoestring cut those strips - set aside.
- Heata medium sauté pan to medium/high heat. Add 1 tbsp. of avocado oil with a
couple of spoonfuls of white wine, add the chopped pork belly, sauté for 10-15
minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from heat drain pork belly with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté spiraled zucchini on medium to high heat 10-15 minutes.
(Water in the pan will be released from the zucchini)
- Drain water from zucchini. Add the remainder of avocado oil and sauté zucchini
for 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat two eggs and 2 teaspoons of the grated parmigiana
- Remove zucchini from heat, add pork belly (save a few for garnish) add egg
mixture and toss.
- On low heat, heat until the eggs cream up, don’t stir - remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with the crispy pork belly on top, sprinkle with crumbled ricotta salata
and grated parmigiana.