Marinated White Beans with Grilled Bread
A lovely lemon dressing coats a mixture of beans and grilled zucchini that top grilled sourdough, making for a great meal. Even better, this recipe is very versatile and makes a great lunch or appetizer too.
4x slices of sourdough bread
2x 15oz Canned italian cannellini white beans
2x medium Zucchini
½ - 1 cup basil, torn
Salt and pepper
¼ cup shaved parmesan
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp honey
1 garlic clove minced
¼ tsp chili flakes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: barbecue
- Drain and rinse the beans and put into a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking: extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, honey, garlic and chili flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the beans, mix and place in the fridge while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Turn grill to medium-high heat (about 400oF).
- While the grill is warming up, prep the zucchini & bread.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise; brush with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil on both sides.
- Once the grill is hot, place the zucchini cut side down on the grill and the bread, grilling for 5 minutes or until charred. Flip and grill for another 5 minutes until both are grilled to your desired taste.
- Chop the zucchini then add the zucchini and basil (½ to 1 cup depending on your taste) to the beans and mix.
- Serve over grilled bread with a sprinkle of shaved parmesan.
- Also keeps well to take on a picnic!
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Keep things easy when entertaining and simply put out all of the components (bread, beans, parmesan), allowing guests to build their own. Or, you could even use crostini and serve this as an appetizer.