Italian Centre is a cultural experience, a gathering place where we offer the best-known European products, exceeding customer's expectations, delighting them with family memories of home. We are passionate trend setters, listening to our customers and being attentive to local and world markets.
The Dishwasher, under the direction of the Department Supervisor, will primarily be responsible to adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and company policies and procedures. This position will be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism. This role will also maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times. The Dishwasher must possess high school diploma, ged, or equivalent and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Client/Customer Focus Commitment to Health and Safety
Communication Cultural Sensitivity
Teamwork Time Management
- Adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and company policies and procedures
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe conditions immediately
- Greet customers with a smile and answer their questions, as required
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items
- Ensure all kitchen equipment and tools are being used safely and according to provided direction
- Ensure food is handled, stored, and cooked according to health and safety standards, and that proper cleanup occurs to meet health regulations
- Clean agreed designated areas in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning or evening routines, and hygiene requirements
- Clean and set tables according to established standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair
- Assist in other areas as needed during peak times
- Help to raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forth
- Other duties as required
- Wash and sanitize utensils, mixing bowls, mixers, and other baking equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bakery, coolers, freezers, working surfaces, storages, ovens, and other areas.
- Mopping, sweeping the floors regularly.
- Handle and store cleaning products.
- refile dry good bins and shelfs.
- restoke boxes and organize shelfs and storages.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Occasional overtime
What we Offer
- Competitive wages
- Extended Group Health and Dental Benefits; Group Home and Auto Insurance Benefits
- Annual Bonus Program
- Free lunch daily
- Multiple locations (for relocation options)
- Ongoing training and coaching for skill development.
- Education Assistance Program