The Catering/Deli Associate ensures the Catering Department is performing in an effective and efficient manner at all times. Catering/Deli Associate will support and follow Italian Centre Shop Ltd.’s mission and values.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assembling a variety of Party Trays (Deli, Fruit, and Vegetable) according to company standards and recipes
- Preparing, portioning, and wrapping meat, cheese, and salads
- Wash and cut various foods such as fruits, and vegetables to prepare for assembling
- Using kitchen utensils such as knives, peelers and graters to perform various food tasks
- Weigh and/or measure ingredients and portions
- Clean and sanitize kitchen as needed and according to the company cleaning standards
- Using manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim food
- Answering telephone and taking customer orders
- Working in Deli Department
- Providing strong customer service when serving customers
- Promoting products and services that the Italian Centre Shop offers
- Follow company’s food safety, kitchen cleaning and sanitation standards
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience in a fast food or catering environment; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
- A minimum of one-year experience using a deli slicer; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
Job requires a variety of standing, walking and sitting.
Job also includes manual and repetitive tasks.