Meatball & Vegetable Skewers
Use one of our most versatile shop items to create these delicious Meatball & Vegetable Skewers! Massimo’s meatballs are skewered with fresh vegetables, grilled, then finished with a simple balsamic glaze. Lots of flavour and easy to make!
1x package Massimo’s Beef & Pork Meatballs
2x bell peppers, red and green, cut into 1 inch pieces
1x yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup balsamic glaze
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for the grill
Arugula for serving
Pagnotta bread for serving
Servings: 9 pieces
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Kitchen Equipment: 8 x 8 square pan
- Pre-heat the barbeque to medium-high heat, about 400F.
- Divide and skewer the meatballs, peppers and onions over 6-8 skewers (about 3-4 meatballs mixed with vegetables per skewer).
- Brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the skewers on the barbeque, turning the skewers occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through (reaching an internal temperature of at least 165F), about 10-16 minutes. Baste with the balsamic vinegar-olive oil glaze on both sides of the skewers while cooking.
- Grill pagnotta bread once the skewers are cooked and resting.
- Serve meatball skewers with grilled pagnotta bread and fresh arugula dressed with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- Want to sub in a different vegetable? Try substituting one of the peppers for mushrooms cut into halves or quarters instead.