The Ultimate Cheat Lasagna
This ready-in-minutes meatless lasagna is an easy comfort dish for the winter months and by using jumbo cheese ravioli instead of layering sheets of pasta with cheese filling, the time savings is epic. For a more hearty meal, add layers of browned beef or Italian sausage and use our beef Bolognese sauce or use meat filled ravioli.
2x 1kg/2.2lb packages frozen jumbo cheese ravioli (you will likely use 1 ½ packages but it will depend on the size of your baking pan)
8 cups Massimo's tomato sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan, divided
Parsley for garnish
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: 9 x 13 baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease your baking dish.
**Note: You don't have to thaw or cook the ravioli first, just put it in the pan frozen.
- Spread 2 cups of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer ravioli in an even layer over the sauce (3 rows of 5-6 ravioli per row depending on the size of your pan - you want the edges to slightly overlap). Spread 3 cups of tomato sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and ¾ cup parmesan cheese.
- Then, layer a second ravioli layer followed by 3 cups of sauce, 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and ¾ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- This is a great dish to hide vegetables in. Get that food processor out and blitz up carrots, zucchini and even sweet peppers!