Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Cups
If you love the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts, make this quick frozen treat to keep in your freezer at all times! Combine simple ingredients like Nutella biscuit cookies, vanilla gelato and caramel sauce into a cupcake shape for the perfect no-cook dessert - it’s so hard to resist!
12 Nutella biscuit cookies
2 ¼ - 2 ¾ cups vanilla gelato (3 tbsp ice cream per ice cream cup)
¼ cup sea salt caramel sauce
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped hazelnuts
Servings: 12 cups
Preparation: 15 minutes Freezing Time: 4 hours minimum
Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: muffin tin, cupcake liners
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Prepare all of the ingredients and remove the vanilla gelato from the freezer for 5 minutes or so until it's softened enough to easily scoop. While you’re waiting for the cream to soften, melt the chocolate chips on the stovetop or in the microwave until smooth. Set aside all of your prepared ingredients.
- Place a Nutella cookie face-up in each cupcake liner.
- Add 2 tbsp vanilla gelato on top of each cookie and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Making a bit of a divot in the center.
- Drizzle in about 1 tsp of caramel into the divot you’ve made in the gelato.
- Add 1 tbsp more of vanilla gelato on top of the caramel and gently smooth out with the back of a spoon. The cupcake liner will be almost full.
- Quickly top the ice cream with the melted chocolate, spreading a thin layer onto each ice cream cup. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts onto the melted chocolate layer as you go.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours until the chocolate and ice cream are set / frozen.
Recipe Pro Tips
- Make sure the melted chocolate layer is quite thin so that when you go to enjoy the cups, it’s easy to take a bite!