(Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwich)
A beautifully toasted Ciabatta Bun layered with a Pest mayo and inside a golden crispy juicy breaded chicken cutlet surrounded by fresh crisp iceberg lettuce, and ripe juicy tomatoes. This will definitely be a family favorite with the kids and also great fun to make. Make tonight Panino night!
350 gram organic certified skinless boneless chicken breast
3 organic free range chicken eggs
Pinch of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder.
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 ciabatta buns
4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
1 hothouse tomato sliced into thin rounds
2 Tbsp mayo
1 Tsp Pesto
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes Serves 2-4 people
- Take chicken breast and cut into thin fillet about between 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. You should get 4 cutlets.
- Grab a meat clever pound each side of the chicken fillet so it becomes thin and tender.
- In one bowl crack the three eggs and season with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and whisk.
- In another bowl pour in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Take the chicken fillet, coat both sides in the egg mixture and place in bowl with breadcrumbs and coat well. Shake off any excess crumbs and set in a plate. Continue this until all fillets are done.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves, and place on a plate. Also place tomato rounds on a plate.
- Heat up some vegetable oil or peanut oil in a pan. Bring it to a medium heat and slowly lay fillet away from you into pan. cook for about 2-4 minutes until a nice golden brown.. Turn them over and cooking for an additional 2-4 or until golden brown. If you find they are browning too fast turn heat down a bit. Continue this until all cutlets are cooked.
- Place cooked chicken cutlets on a paper towel lined plate and when most of the excess oil is absorbed place in a clean serving dish.
- Take ciabatta buns cut in half length wise and place in a 400 F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- While ciabatta is toasting in oven take mayo and mix it with the pesto.
- Take ciabatta buns out of oven and spread mayo pesto mixture on insides of bread.
- Place lettuce on the bottom and then two cutlets, topping them with tomato and finally the top of the bun.
- Cut in half and its ready to serve.
Recipe created for the Italian Centre Shop by: