Pesto Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
Fire up the grill to make these Pesto Chicken & Vegetable Skewers this summer! Paired with summer vegetables like zucchini and peppers, everything gets a dose of flavour from pesto sauce. Perfect to make on the weekend or easy for a weeknight meal.
4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup pesto sauce, store bought or homemade
1x red pepper, cut into chunks
1x large zucchini, sliced into halves
Coarse salt and pepper to taste
Oil for the grill
Preparation: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: 8-10 skewers, large bowl
- In a large bowl or large ziploc bag, combine the chicken cubes and pesto sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight if meal prepping to cook the next day.
- To make the skewers, thread chicken cubes, peppers and zucchini onto about 8-10 skewers, then season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil so they don’t stick to the grill.
- Pro Tip: If you’re using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 15-30 minutes before using which helps keep them from burning on the grill.
- Pre-heat the barbeque to medium-high heat.
- Cook the skewers on the barbeque, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (reaching an internal temperature of 165F), about 12-15 minutes.
- Avocado oil is great to use on the grill because it has a high smoke point and can handle the heat of the barbeque more efficiently; you could also use grapeseed oil.