Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Pizza Cook (Pizzaiolo) at our Sherwood Park (700, 8005 Emerald Drive) Location.
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 9:00am till 8:30pm
- Mid-day, evenings and Weekends required
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- Excellent health benefits start after six months for full time employees
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to baristas or patrons
- Regulate temperature of ovens
- Wash, peel, cut, and meats and vegetables to prepare them for pizzas
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Job requires a variety of standing and walking.
- Job also includes manual and repetitive tasks.
- May be required to lift up to 30lbs
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred. Some University or College considered an asset.
- One to two years of experience in a Cook role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and rotating weekends. Job also requires employees to occasionally work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!