Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Pizza Cook (Pizzaiolo) Part-Time at our Calgary (9919 Fairmont Drive SE) location.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between; 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., 12:00 p.m. until 9:15 p.m.
|What We Offer:
- Unlimited career advancements and strong training
- Free lunches every shift
- Flexible work schedule
- A great atmosphere where we listen to your ideas
- An opportunity to work with a supportive team
- Excellent health benefits start after three months for full time employees
- A clean and safe work environment
|What You'll Be Doing:
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to baristas or patrons
- Regulate temperature of ovens
- Wash, peel, cut, and meats and vegetables to prepare them for pizzas
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Plan and price menu items
- Job requires a variety of standing, walking and sitting.
- Job also includes manual and repetitive tasks.
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs
|What We're Looking For:
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a Cook role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
|Working conditions: Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
We'd love to hear from you!