1 tbsp olive oil
1 bag baby yellow or red skinned potatoes, halved
4 pieces skin on, bone in chicken thighs
2 pieces skin on, chicken drumsticks
1 cup piri piri sauce + 2 tbsp olive oil
Coarse salt and pepper
Lime for serving
½ cup mayo
2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp piri piri sauce
Pinch coarse Salt
Optional: Side of microgreens or salad greens lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil
Preparation: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: baking sheet
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 425F.
- On the baking sheet mix together halved potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with piri piri sauce and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is marinated, add to the center of the pan, pushing potatoes to the sides. Sprinkle tops of chicken thighs/drumsticks with coarse salt and a pinch pepper and drizzle over remaining 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the oven tray into your preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the potatoes are golden. To enhance the crispiness of the chicken and potatoes at the end of cooking, turn the oven to low broil and cook for a few more minutes.
- While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, make the aioli by mixing ½ cup mayonnaise with lemon juice, minced garlic and piri piri sauce.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to plates, serving with a side of aioli, lime wedge (to spritz over chicken) and greens (if using).
Recipe Pro Tips:
- You can also make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs but they will need much less cooking time so they can go on the pan about halfway through cooking the potatoes, about 25 minutes, then cook everything for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done.