Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job. We are currently looking for a Full Time Shipper-Receiver at our Little Italy Location (10878 95 Street) location.
- Monday to Sunday Availability
- Shifts vary between 7:00am - 5:00pm
- Mornings, Mid-day, and Weekends Required
The Shipper/Receiver performs in an effective and efficient manner at all times, minding the Italian Centre Shop Ltd’s policies and procedures for all actions and decisions. Supports and follows Italian Centre Shop Ltd mission and values.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures
- Loading and unloading products from trucks
- Receive merchandise and ensure the shipment content matches invoices/orders
- Pick, pack, seal, and label products to prepare for shipping
- Stock shelves with received shipments, using the appropriate sorting/organization system and equipment
- Move products around warehouse using pallet jack
- Aware and follow basic inventory and waste guidelines
- Work collaboratively as a team and assist other teams when required
- Maintaining clean and organized working environment
- Occasionally using company vehicle to deliver customer orders around Edmonton
- Performs additional duties provided by management
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Manual and repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in Cooler/Freezer for various periods of time
- Individuals will be required to lift, move, and push up to 50lbs.
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of two year experience in a warehouse role.
- A minimum of two year experience in a customer focused role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Forklift Certificate Required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, weekends and holidays. Job can also require employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Regular travel
We'd love to hear from you!