Step Into Italy Passport Winner’s Dinner, hosted by Chef Vittorio Colacitti
We ran the #StepIntoItaly Passport Contest last month. The lucky winner! Emily Derlukewich and her husband Tref Todbout, who got to celebrate his 72nd birthday with a very special dinner, cooked by Top Chef Canada finalist, Chef Vittorio Colacitti, who we flew in specially from Toronto.
The fabulous Alison Philips from Aligra Wine & Spirits paired every course with marvellous wines, ranging from $17-$30. The Barbera in particular was spectacular. See menu and wine pairing after the photo gallery.
- Kona Kampachi Crudo w/ blood orange, fresno chili & basil
- Paired with Marques de Caceres Verdejo Rueda, Spain
- Fresh made tagliatelle w/ mushrooms.
- Paired with Beringer Clear Lake Zinfandel, California
- Pan-seared BC ling cod & little neck clams w/ fingerling potato & leek confit & espelette burro bianco
- Paired with Zenato Lugana San Benedetto Trebbiano, Italy
- Grass-fed Piedmontese beef rib eye, potato purée, spicy rapini
- Paired with Tenute dei Vallarino Bricco Asinan Barbera, Italy
- Crème Brulée
- Paired with Batisiolo Moscato, Italy
- Wine Pairings this evening by Alison Philips of Aligra Wines & Spirits.