Stone Fruit Lemon Mascarpone Tarts
Bumper crops in B.C. are bringing us beautiful stone fruit: peaches, nectarines, apricots and plums–the perfect compliment to lemon and mascarpone tarts on an amaretti and digestive cookie crust. Luscious and luxurious in taste, for the summer season.
- 2 cups Digestive cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp powdered (icing) sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 peach, 1 nectarine, 2 apricots, 2 plums, cut in wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or Limoncello
- Edible flowers for garnish (optional)
SERVINGS: Makes 9 Tarts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir Crust ingredients together in a bowl. Firmly press crumb mixture on bottom and sides of 9 round tart pans with removable bottoms (about 5 Tbsp per pan).
- Place tart pans on a baking sheet, and bake at 350°F for 10 min or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in baking sheet on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice & egg yolks until well blended; whisk in mascarpone cheese until blended smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared tart shells.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until almost set (the center will set as they chill).
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Chill 4 hours.
- Macerate the sliced fruit with 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp limoncello (optional), 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Arrange sliced stone fruits and edible flowers decoratively over tarts just before serving.
Source: Recipe created for the Italian Centre Shop by Sugar Loves Spices