Garden of Venus Mocktail
Preparation: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
2 oz (60ml) Seedlip Garden 108
0.5oz (15ml) Fresh Grapefruit Juice
0.5oz (15ml) Split Tree Cocktail Co. Lavender and Lemon Syrup
Strappi White Bitter Soda
6 Mint Leaves
Total Time: minutes
Kitchen Equipment: large pot, wooden sticks
1 ⅓ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp ground espresso
400g milk chocolate
Mixture of strawberries, toasted croissant, banana bread, wafers, ginger cookies or anything else to dip!
Servings: 36 mendiants
Preparation: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: 2 baking sheets, parchment paper
14oz (400g) dark chocolate
Toppings: pistachios, smoked sea salt, coconut chips, candied ginger, dried strawberries, dried figs, almonds
Garden of Venus Mocktail Instructions:
- In a large wine glass muddle the mint, raspberries and syrup. Add the Seedlip, Grapefruit Juice and Ice, stir well in the glass and top with Strappi White Bitter Soda.
Espresso Fondue Instructions:
- In a small pot bring the cream and espresso to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the chocolate until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a warmed bowl or chocolate fondue pot if you have one.
- Serve with your favourite items to dip!
Chocolate Mendiants Instructions:
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on each baking sheet and place in the fridge to keep cool.
- Prep the toppings (i.e. dice dried fruit, chop pistachios and almonds)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water OR in a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted. Let chocolate sit for a couple minutes before using.
- Remove the baking sheets from the fridge.
- To make each mendiant, spoon about 1 tablespoon of chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread gently with the back of the spoon to form a circle. Sprinkle each chocolate circle (mendiant) with toppings of your choice.
- Favourite topping combinations: coconut & candied ginger; pistachio & smoked sea salt; dried strawberries, candied ginger, coconut & pistachios; almonds & dried figs; coconut & sea salt; just dried strawberries
- Let the mendiants cool at room temperature for about 1 hour or until the chocolate is firm. Or, place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Recipe Pro Tips:
- If the chocolate is too liquidy when you make your first mendiant, let the chocolate cool a liter longer after it’s melted before you start to make them.
- Have fun with the toppings! Make combinations out of whatever is in your pantry too.
- Check your pantry before you go shopping, you may already have some of the ingredients you need!